Strataderm is a silicone gel that is applied in a thin layer to the affected skin to form a self-drying, transparent, flexible silicone gel sheet that adheres to the skin. This ensures a constant contact time to the entire surface of the scar allowing it to work 24 hours a day.
Strataderm is ideal for any irregular skin/scar surfaces, the face, moving parts such as joints, and any size of scar. It can be used on both new and old scars.
The advanced formulation of Strataderm has been developed using new silicone technology that has superior durability, skin-feel and drying time. The non-sticky, odourless formulation does not lead to secondary side-effects such as maceration, rashers, pruritus and infection and is therefore suitable for children and people with sensitive skin.
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Relieves the itching and discomfort associated with scars
- Reduces redness and discolouration
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry
- Apply a very thin layer and allow to dry (3-4 minutes)
- Strataderm should be applied once daily, and maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours/day)
- Once dry, Strataderm can be covered with sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts