This is a Nationally Recognised Certificate Course through EZE Training.
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks. This unit applies to individuals working in health and direct client care contexts. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
- This qualification is suitable for anyone currently working as in the health industry or directly with clientele.
- Basic English skills
- Students are required to have access to the internet and a computer with a webcam.
Online – this course can be completed from home on any internet connected
device, including phones, tablets, laptops or PCs.
Course Duration :
This unit is completed by self-paced work online. The nominal hours for are 75hrs.
Online access remains live for 3 months. Any additional extension will incur an Administration Fee of $250.
The course covers:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
Students will get a Statement of Attainment.
Course information sheet can be downloaded here.